Tuition and Fee Information
Tuition Rates and Fees
Christ King Parish operates our school as an investment in the Catholic education of children. Although our doors are open to all faiths, most all of our school families are registered Christ King parishioners, actively engaged in living and practicing their Catholic faith by:
- Fulfilling the duty to attend Mass on every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation
- Teaching their children through word and example to live their Catholic faith.
- Participating in our Stewardship Program through committing time, talent, and treasure (tithing).
- Adhering to all the policies and procedures as prescribed in the current Christ King School Handbook.
- Having children fully participate in all phases of religious education of Christ King School.
For these families, the parish subsidizes the gap between actual school operating costs and tuition charged, along with offering a reduced school tuition rate. For reference, below is a breakdown of our 2019/20 tuition rates for registered and non-registered parishioner families:
1 Child (K3/2 Days)*: $ 1,850.00
1 Child (K3/3 Days)*: $ 2,570.00
1 Child (K3/5 Days)*: $ 3,842.00
1 Child (K4-8th): $ 4,690.00
2 Children (K4-8th): $ 9,275.00
3 Children (K4-8th): $13,860.00
4 Children (K4-8th): $16,032.00
Items Included in Tuition:
Required Additional Fees:
- $275 Registration Fee collected in spring to secure a spot for your child and assist in the schedule and planning of the new school year.
Other Additional Fees:
Extended Day/Care Programs
Parish Auction/Gift Gathering Parties
Home & School
Some Discovery Day Activities
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee “Soles for Catholic Education” Walk $150 buy-out fee.
Additional Tuition Rate Reductions & Assistance
SCRIP is a program that allows members of the school and/or parish to purchase gift certificates or gift cards for use at many local and national businesses. In return, these businesses give Christ King Parish a varying percent (anywhere from 1 to 25%) for each certificate or gift card purchased. Of the total credit, 75% goes to the designation chosen by the purchaser. The remaining 25% is used to cover SCRIP expenses. Many school families use their Scrip credit to lower their overall tuition bill. Credit earned for orders placed will be automatically reflected against your invoice. Find more details.
Financial Assistance Program
The financial need for the Tuition Assistance Program of Christ King Parish is based on 175% of the government established standard of poverty. Additional allowances are made for families having documentation of excessive medical expenses or other unusual circumstances. Families requesting financial assistance are to complete an application (hardcopy available at parish office). For reference, the 2019 limits on gross income from all sources were:
School Tuition Payment Options and Billing & Collection
- Option 1 One Time tuition payment, usually due on or before the last day in July
- Option 2 – Bi-Annual EFT payment plan: 2 installments, beginning the last day of July and January
- Option 3 – 11 Month EFT payment plan: 11 consecutive payments on the 25th of each month, July-May.
All payments, regardless of plan chosen, are collected electronically through our partner, Smart Tuition, and NOT handled by Christ King. Any checks received at the parish office in error will be returned and you will be redirected to Smart Tuition to make your payments (electronically). All invoices will be sent electronically to the authorized email submitted at the time of enrollment through Smart Tuition.
Please note: changing financial conditions will not negate tuition agreements. Considerations for such circumstances will be made by renegotiating the agreement with the Parish Business Office of Christ King. If the financial obligation to Christ King is not met, registration for the following year will not be accepted and student records will not be forwarded until the matter has been resolved. If a school family does not support the Parish by responding to the Stewardship program, the school family will be responsible for the full cost per student as a non-member. A $40.00 Fee will be assessed for any and each electronic payment that is past due. Any payments returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF) will have an additional $30 fee assessed that will not be waived, as it is a charge directly to Smart Tuition from their bank. A refund of tuition will be made during the first 10 school days of the current school year. Following the 10-day time period, tuition is non-refundable. A student transferring out of Christ King during the school year is responsible for the full year’s tuition.
Benefits we can pass on to you with this partnership:
- Select a payment method that works best for you!
- Set up recurring automatic payments from your bank account or credit card
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted (small additional fee)
- Access your account online
- Review account history, transaction details, and print monthly invoices
- Edit your contact information, password, and payment method
- Make a payment or set up recurring payments
- Receive payment and follow up reminders
- For recurring payments, a reminder is emailed 7-10 days before the due date
- For missed payments and outstanding balances, you will receive an email and phone call
- Speak with a customer service representative
- Live agents are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Call toll free to make payments and ask all questions at (888) 868-8828