Cavalier Club at Christ King
Created to assist our school families in the safekeeping of their children after regular school hours
- Extension of the same caring, faith-based, safe, and supportive environment provided for every student during regular school hours.
- Our Extended Care team reinforces our school’s philosophy of developing the whole child and our mission of making disciples.
- The program provides a balance of extended learning structure and play-based activities. Older students have the opportunity to complete homework and/or assist others with the completion of assignments.
- The extended care team comprises safety-trained caregivers who work to provide a safe and loving environment where students are cared for, respected, and supported at all times.
- All rules and policies for the school day are complied with during the extended care program hours.
Hours of Operation
Cavalier Club (after school): M, T, Th, F, 3:00-6:00pm and W, 2:00-6:00pm
Extended care is not offered on non-school days
It is strongly recommended that families register for extended care if the possibility exists of using this service. Registration forms are available online or from the extended care team. There is a $50 non-refundable registration fee due with registration to confirm your child or children’s spot in the extended care program. This fee helps offset the cost of various program needs including, but not limited to, program staffing, computer software costs, cleaning supplies, and other operational costs.
Costs & Fees
There is a non-refundable registration fee of $50 per student to secure your place in Cavalier Club.
Flat rate of $30 per day for each child enrolled in the program.
If a child is picked up late from Cavalier Club, there is a $10 per child late fee for every 10 minutes late.
Scheduling & Billing
All extended care payments are done with our online school tuition program partner “Blackbaud.” The payments for extended care will be charged on a monthly basis.
The schedule and registration payment secures your child’s space in extended care. This allows flexibility to serve all families should the need arise. If the schedule is not received on time, the team will determine that no extended care is needed. Unscheduled space cannot be guaranteed. We understand that schedules do change, so we do permit late registrations if space is available. Families are asked to use the form available online through the website.
Scheduling Extended Care
The registration process (form and fee) provides a general idea of which days families need care. Mrs. Tarpey, Director of Extended Care Programs, can usually accommodate registered students on a non-scheduled day, as long as families communicate the change of plans (as early as possible) to Mrs. Tarpey and the classroom teacher.
If your child becomes ill during extended care, parents will be contacted, as is standard protocol with the school, and parents are expected to pick them up or have a reliable emergency contact person to assist.
Snacks will be served, but can be brought (a water bottle as well) from home if preferred. Soda is not permitted.
Please Note: All extended care is a peanut-free zone.
- All students enrolled at Christ King School are eligible for the services provided by the extended care program.
- As an extension of Christ King School, the extended care team follows all policies and expectations outlined in the Christ King School Parent/Student Handbook.
- The safety and security of the children in extended care are of utmost importance. All parents or other approved adults picking a child up from the extended care program must use the buzzer to gain entry into the building. Parents and students are not allowed to open the doors to the school building to visitors, regardless of whether or not they are familiar.
- The extended care team will not permit access to the building for parents or students to gather forgotten homework or supplies. Please do not ask the extended care team members to open classroom doors.
- When picking up a child from extended care, please make sure to make “face time” with one of the extended care team members in addition to following check-out procedures.
- The extended care program does provide time for “quiet study” and caregivers will make every effort to assist students; however, it is not the responsibility of the extended care employees if homework is not completed. That is the responsibility of the student.
The Extended Care Team
Contact Mrs. Amy Tarpey, Director of Extended Care Programs: 414-258-4160