Get involved at Christ King School!
There are many opportunities for parents, guardians or grandparents to get involved, including volunteering on things like our Parent Engagement Committee, School Advisory Committee, assisting teachers and children in the classroom, recess duty, field trip chaperon, organizing and planning many of our special events, service projects and much more. Volunteering is much needed, expected and greatly appreciated!
*Please note: If you volunteer in any capacity with our children, you must complete a one-time training session on Safeguarding Our Children/Safe Environments. Get more information.
- School Advisory Committee - Examines and evaluates the educational offerings of our school for the purpose of generating policies consistent with a high-quality Catholic education and the goals of Christ King Parish.
- Parent Engagement Committee - Helps to foster community, supports faculty and staff, and provides fun and enriching events throughout the school year.
- Community Events - Harvest Fest, CK2K, Father Daughter Square Dance, VIP Day, Discovery Day, Summer Social and more. Various roles are needed, including event planning, day of set-up and event work shifts. Watch for emails about events and the CK Connection newsletter.
- Recess Duty - Aids teachers with overseeing students at recess to ensure safe, fun behavior. Shifts are available via sign-up genius. Multiple volunteers needed daily for short shifts.
- Parking Safety - Ensures students exit vehicles and enter building safely during morning drop off. Volunteers are needed daily.
- Room Parent - Shares info with parents and coordinates volunteers, teacher gifts, auction donations, etc.
- Church Recess
- Teacher Appreciation
- School Event Coordination
- Bulletin Board Coordination
- Spiritwear Coordination
- Uniform Resale
- Faith Formation - help to facilitate a wide variety of ways for fellow parents and guardians to engage with faith through large events, small groups, and at-home activities
- Friendship Guild - help families celebrate joys and offer support when needed with cards, meals, etc.
- New Family Support/Buddy Families - help families navigate their new school
- School Marketing: Advertising, Community Awareness, Social Media, Open House Events, New Family Tours
- Biennial Auction Volunteers - Various opportunities leading up to, on the evening of and the day after: including committee chairs, solicitations, gift gatherings, decorations, marketing and more.