Ways to Support Christ King Parish School
The Christ King Home and School Committee is an essential component of the success of our parish and school community. Our committee is composed of Christ King parents who are interested in helping to foster community, support our excellent faculty and staff, and provide fun and enriching events throughout the school year.
Home and School is responsible for many events, fundraisers and resources such as Boo Fest, the book fair, uniform resale, teacher appreciation week, the parish auction and Discovery Day, just to name a few.
Home and School meets about once per quarter and all are welcome to come at any time (meeting dates listed in the CK Connection calendar). We also advertise our events and activities in the CK Connection and through communication from room parents. We are always looking for volunteers to help make our events a success, and to provide new ideas on how we can improve.
If you are interested in learning more about Home and School, or if you wish to attend an upcoming meeting, please contact Katie Krahn.
Theran Motl, Chairperson
Matt Hodges, Secretary
Annual Soles for Catholic Education Walk
SCRIP is a program that allows members of the parish and school to purchase gift certificates or gift cards for use at many local and national businesses. In return, these businesses give Christ King Parish a varying percent (anywhere from 1 to 25%) for each certificate or gift card purchased. Of the total credit, 75% goes to the designation chosen by the purchaser. The remaining 25% is used to cover SCRIP expenses. Examples include, but are not limited to: tuition reduction for you or another family (Christ King grade school or select high schools), Faith Formation (Religious Ed) fee reduction for you or another family, or to Christ King School, Christ King Parish, or the Tri-Parish Faith Formation program in general.
- SCRIP – the name of a program
- Shopwithscrip.com - the website that orders are processed through (Christ King’s school code is 2DLC3AC91613)
- PrestoPay – a sub-program that gives you the ability to pay for orders on-line, for a small fee (approx. $0.15 per order), payments are made electronically through your checking account. You can purchase ScripNow and Card Reloads with PrestoPay 24/7.
- ScripNow - Certain stores give you the ability to purchase gift certificates that are delivered to you electronically (into your shopwithscrip account). You do not wait for the weekly delivery, as you print them on your own shortly after the coordinator approves the order but you must abide by order schedule.
- Card Reload – Certain stores allow you to register your gift card and add money to that card. You do not wait for the weekly delivery, as you already have the card. The $ amount you added to your card is on the card shortly after the coordinator approves the order but you must abide by order schedule.
- How does SCRIP work? It’s simple! You order gift cards for a grocery store, gas station, department store, or restaurant where you would normally make purchases. Then you use that gift card instead of cash or a check to pay for your groceries, fill up your gas tank, stock up on household needs, or enjoy a meal out. When you purchase Scrip gift cards there is no extra cost to you. This is money you would normally spend anyway.
- How do families make a profit? Each retailer sells the gift cards to participating groups at a discount ranging on average from 1 – 25%. Groups like Christ King purchase them and then sell the cards at face value, sharing the profit with Christ King families. Christ King families receive 75% of the profit from their purchases and the remaining 25% covers the administrative costs of running the Scrip program and fundraising for CK School.
- Can you give an example? Yes! If you purchase gas at Speedway, order Scrip in either $25 or $100 denominations. Pay for your gas by using this gas card. Speedway offers a 4% return. If you ordered a $100 card, you would receive a $3 tuition credit and $1 would go to Christ King to cover expenses for this purchase. Used regularly, Scrip can add up to a significant savings on your tuition bill. Many families have received $200 - $400 annual credit by using Scrip.
- How else can SCRIP be used? Many people order Scrip gift cards for grocery stores including Sendik’s, Pick ‘n Save, Grasch’s, and Sentry; gas purchases including Shell, Mobil, and Speedway; and restaurants or fast food places including Burger King, Starbucks, Arby’s, Culvers and MANY others. Scrip gift cards also make great gifts.
- What is the procedure for SCRIP at Christ King School? Scrip is sold bi-monthly during the school year and monthly during the summer. The credit is tracked and accrues annually. Your credit will be posted and applied per your designation.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
How do I select and support Christ King Parish when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you need to select Christs King Congregation (yes, add the extra "s" after the word Christ) before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make will result in a donation to the parish.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity, sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser and simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.”
We Care Pick ‘n Save
Box Tops for Education
For over 20 years, Box Tops for Education has given families an easy way to earn cash for their school, with products they already buy.
Now you can simply scan your store receipt with the Box Tops mobile app to identify participating products and instantly add cash to your school's earnings online. Each participating item is worth 10 cents once the school redeems the label.
For more information view the Box Tops for Education website.