Mrs. Lesko, K5
Welcome to K5A!
Week of March 11, 2019
- Field Trip: K5 will be going to the Planetarium at the Milwaukee Public Museum on Monday to see One World, One Sky. We will return in time for lunch. Uniforms should be worn.
- Book Orders: Book order forms will be sent home this week. If interested, please place your order via the Scholastic website by Friday 3/22. This will ensure delivery by Easter (books make great basket stuffers). Our activation code is: H3GNF http://clubs.scholastic.com
Silent Entry: We will have silent entry every Thursday during Lent.
Irish Dancers: On Friday, 3/15 Irish dancers will be performing for our school at 2:15 in the gym.
- Volunteers: I am looking for another volunteer on 3/26 from 7:45-8:45 to help assemble astronaut control panels. I am also in need of 3 volunteers on 3/28 from 9:00-10:00 to help supervise our Astronaut Adventure Day centers. If interested please sign-up on our Sign-up Genius page.
- Astronaut Adventure Days: Astronaut Adventure Days this year are on March 28th & 29th. I have a lot of special projects and activities planned for K5A but I need your help in supplying some of the items needed to make these days complete. Please send the following to school with your child on MONDAY, MARCH 25TH. Do not send them prior to the 25th as I do not have anywhere to store them.
- 1 large sweater or shirt box with the lid
- 1 pair of winter gloves
- 3 plastic lids (margarine, frosting, cottage cheese, sour cream, etc) It is important that they DO NOT have any writing on the inside.
- 5+ plastic bottle caps (soda, juice, milk, water). I have some but each child will need 10 caps to complete their project. I you could send AT LEAST 5 caps it would be a BIG help.
3/11: Planetarium Field Trip (8:45-11:00)
3/25: Astronaut Control Panel Set-up (7:45-??)
3/26: Astronaut Control Panel Assembly (7:45-??)
3/28: Astronaut Adventure Day Helper (9:00-10:00)
3/29: Astronaut Adventure Day Helper (9:00-10:00)
Lessons for the Week
Stations of the Cross
February Meal Prayer
Thanks for all the food we eat.
And thanks for all the friends we meet.
The Planets &Have You Seen My Pot of Gold?
seen, ask, it
(Review:from, new, it, what, look, there, get, said, for, and, where, are, make, play, of, that, go, in, down, out, this, is, with, not, run, as, big, little, have, like, to, we, do, you, all, I, can, see, me, my, up, by the, on, a)
I Am A Little Leprechaun
Chunky Monkey Words
Words that Rhyme
Writing 1st & last name correctly
First, next, last
greater than & less than
nonstandard units of measurement
addition with manipulative
K5A Specials Schedule
5----Mardi Gras @ 1:55
6----Ash Wednesday Mass @ 8:00
8---Spirit Wear & 11:00 Dismissal
11--Planetarium Field Trip
15--Irish Dancers @ 2:15
16-22 Book Fair
22--Spirit Wear Day
25--Control Panels Due
28--Astronaut Adventure Day #1
29--Astronaut Adventure Day #2
29--Stations of the Cross @ 2:15