Mrs. Lesko, K5
Welcome to K5A!
Week of May 20, 2019
- Oceans of Fun: Please join us on Friday, May 24th at 10:00 in North Hall for our Anuual "Oceans of Fun" kindergarten showcase. All are welcome. The boys and girls may be dismissed from school following the program (it's an 11:00 Dismissal Day for CK).
- K5/8th Grade Buddy Mass: Please join us on Thursday, May 30 at 8:00 as we say farewell to our 8th grade buddies. The boys and girls have formed a very special bond with their buddies this year and this mass is one that everyone looks forward to each year.
- Pirate Day: On Wednesday, June 5th, we will conclude our ocean unit with our 10th Annual "Pirate Day". An email will be arriving in your mailboxes shortly but below are a few details you need to be aware of:
- All children are invited to come to school dressed as a pirate. Please DO NOT go out and buy a costume. Use your imaginations to transform things you already have at home into a costume.
- We will be eating a picnic lunch at school. You can send a bag lunch to school with your child OR Cousins Subs will be available. If your child would like a sub please make sure to PREORDER (forms are coming home this week) by Wed. May 29th. If you are a Pirate Day chaperone and would like to order a sub, please do so on your child's order form. We will provide a beverage.
- Dismissal for K5 only will be at 11:30. You can pick your child up from the lawn on the 92nd street side of the school (that's where we'll be having lunch). You can get there by walking through the parish center (past the kitchen).
Mystery Reader: Fridays @ 2:15
Please report to the school office at 2:15 so they can "announce" your arrival
Oceans of Fun: Friday, May 24th
~Refreshments: Please send to school in the a.m.
*2 dozen nut-free treats
*2 Dozen Juice Boxes
*1 Case of Water
~Set up Refreshment Table @ 9:15 in North Hall
~Remove and bag artwork immediately following the program.
Pirate Day Helpers: June 5th from 7:45-11:30
Feel free to dress like a pirate!
Lessons for the Week
May Meal Prayer
Although my hands are very small
I fold them now to pray.
For food and drinks and blessings all.
I thank you Lord today.
(Review: two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, one, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, brown, white, gray, pink, who, will, help, seen, ask, it, into, from, new, it, what, look, there, get, said, for, and, where, are, make, play, of, that, go, in, down, out, this, is, with, not, run, as, big, little, have, like, to, we, do, you, all, I, can, see, me, my, up, by the, on, a)
First, next, last
time to the hour
Octopus, Crab, Sea Turtle
K5A Specials Schedule
17---Living Stations of the Cross
7 & 9----Vision Screening
10--Discovery Day-Cold lunch, out
15--Field Trip: Discovery World
15--Eclipse Ball @ 1:15
17--Prayer Service @ 2:15
24--K5 "Oceans of Fun"
Performance @ 10:00
24--Spirit Wear & 11:00 Dismissal
27--No School: Memorial Day
28--Field Trip: Tinkerbell
30--K5/8th Grade Buddy Mass
31--8th Grade Graduation @
5---K5 Pirate Day: 8:30-11:30
(11:30 Dismissal for K5 ONLY)
6---Last Day of School: Mass at
8:00. Dismissal following Mass