Mrs. Lesko, K5
Welcome to K5A!
Week of June 3, 2019
The last week has arrived and it is with mixed emotions that I say farewell to all of you. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and your families. Your children now hold a very special place in my heart and I will miss them dearly. I am so proud of the progress they have made this year and I am even more pleased with the individuals they are becoming. It is with sadness that I say goodbye but I know they are on to bigger and better things.
Good luck to all of you and thank you for welcoming me into your family for the past 10 months!
- Supplies: On Tuesday I will be sending home all of your child's supplies. This includes their art bag filled with projects as well as their rest mats. They will have quite an armful and may need help carrying all of it. Feel free to stop by our room at 3:00 to help carry it down the stairs.
- Pirate Day: On Wednesday, June 5th, we will conclude our ocean unit with our 10th Annual "Pirate Day". Below are a few details you need to be aware of. For further details please refer to the email I sent last week.
- Remember...this is a secret. The kids have been told they are going to participate in pirate games and activities on the grounds of CK.
- All children are invited to come to school dressed as a pirate. Please DO NOT go out and buy a costume. Use your imaginations to transform things you already have at home into a costume. Keep in mind that they will be walking to Hoyt park. PLEASE do not send them with anything they might have to carry (swords, parrot stuffed animals, hooks, etc). I know they look adorable but without a doubt they will get sick of it and want someone else to hold it. Unfortunately for them, no one will be carrying their belongings for them.
- Your child does NOT need to bring their backpack to school on Wed.
- We will be eating a picnic lunch at school. You can send a bag lunch to school with your child OR Cousins Subs will be available to those who preordered. Drinks will be provided.
- Dismissal for K5 ONLY will be at 11:30. You can pick your child up from the lawn on the 92nd street side of the school (that's where we'll be having lunch). You can get there by walking through the parish center (past the kitchen).
- Say a little prayer for NO RAIN!
- Last Day of School: On Thursday, our child should report to school at the usual time. I will pick them up at the South Hall doors before heading up to our classroom one last time. We will have Mass at 8:00 followed by the distribution of report cards. You can pick your child up from our regular dismissal spot near the South Hall doors following mass. ***If you know your child will NOT be in attendance on Thursday please send a self-addressed envelope to school so the report card can be mailed.***
Lessons for the Week