Extended Before and After School Care Program
Christ King School is dedicated to providing a faith-based, Catholic educational program for students to grow that is aligned with our school and parish’s mission statements. The extended care program assists Christ King School families in the safekeeping of their children before and after school dismisses. This program offers an extension of our highest quality, faith-based school environment for helping students grow academically, socially, emotionally, and in their faith. The welcoming and professional approach present during our school day-combined with our strong school and faith community-complements and enhances this program. The extended care reinforces the school’s philosophy of developing the whole child and the school’s mission of respecting and finding Jesus in everyone we meet. The program provides a balance of extended learning structure and play-based activities for students before and after school hours. Additionally, older students will have the opportunity to complete their own assignments as part of their stay in the extended care program and/or assist others with the completion of schoolwork.
The mission of the extended care program is aligned to Christ King School’s; that is, “To be a witness of Christ, as we educate our children to recognize, accept, and respect Jesus in ourselves and others.” The vision for this program is to extend the caring, faith-based, safe, and supportive environment provided for every student during school hours at Christ King School to these before and after school times as well. Our tradition of excellence in faith formation and academics rooted in the Catholic faith will guide the extended care program in its organization and leadership.
The extended care team is comprised of highly-qualified caregivers carrying various certifications and experiences working with children of all levels (K3-8). The extended care team works to provide a safe and loving environment where students are cared for, respected, and supported at all times. Opportunities for study and play are provided in a supervised setting and extends the mission carried out every day at Christ King School. Therefore, all rules and policies for the school day are complied with during the extended care program hours.
Hours of Operation and Cost
Scheduling Extended Care
Upon completion of the registration process (forms and fee), families submit a schedule to the extended care team via email or through the form available online. This schedule will indicate a family’s plan for days of the week when extended care is needed for their child or children. This helps the extended care team determine staffing and supplies for the week.
If a change must happen to your planned extended care schedule, please contact the extended care team as soon as possible. If your child will not be in extended care or will be arriving late due to other extracurricular activities, please notify the extended care team via note or email as to when they will arrive to the program.
If your child becomes ill during their time in extended care, parents will be contacted, as is standard protocol with the school, and you are expected to pick them up or have a reliable emergency contact person to assist. If you have kept your child home from school, please make sure to contact the extended care team in addition to the school office.
Scheduling and Billing
All extended care payments are done with our online school tuition program partner “Smart Tuition.” The payments for extended care will be charged on a monthly basis.
- Before School: Breakfast snacks will be served.
- After School: Snacks will be served, but can be brought (a water bottle as well) from home if preferred. *Please note: Morning Half Day Students-Lunch can be purchased from our hot lunch vendor or brought from home. Soda is not permitted.
- All students enrolled at Christ King School are eligible for the services provided by the extended care program.
- As an extension of Christ King School, the extended care team follows all policies and expectations outlined in the Christ King School Parent/Guardian-Student Handbook.
- The safety and security of the children in the extended care are of utmost importance. All parents or other approved adults picking a child up from the extended care program must use the buzzer to gain entry into the building. Parents and students are not allowed to open the doors to the school building to visitors, regardless of whether or not they are familiar.
- The extended care team will not permit access to the building for parents or students to gather forgotten homework or supplies. Please do not ask the extended care team members to open classroom doors.
- When picking up a child from extended care, please make sure to make “face time” with one of the extended care team members in addition to following check out procedures.
- Families will be charged for days that your child or children are in extended care. Please notify the extended care staff if your child is absent from school or will not be in extended care.
- The extended care program does provide time for “quiet study” and caregivers will make every effort to assist students, however, it is not the responsibility of the extended care employees if homework is not completed. That is the responsibility of the student.
The Extended Care Team
- Email Julie Sgrignuoli in the School Office at 414-258-4160