Mrs. Dahm, MS Math
Middle School Teacher - Math
WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!
1. Each class has two groups, based on Maps scores, pacing, and the individual child.
2. Groups meet with Mrs. Dahm for about 20 minutes per class and work on stations for the other time. All of the stations either spiral review previously learned topics, or present a challenge of some sort.
3. Math conversations are a big deal! I highly encourage talking about math in class!
4. One station will always be Khan, which will begin as soon as we get our Chromebooks!
So, NO KHAN AT HOME! :)
5. I am available for help most recesses, before school, and for a brief time after school. If your child is ever stuck, wants for more help, or just wants to go over something, please have THEM email me to set up a time.
6. There are no binders this year. All work stays in a Math folder.
GRADING THIS YEAR:
- There will be approximately two to three quizzes per chapter. Please reference the middle school calendar for all dates.
- One homework grade and one quiz grade will be entered per unit, both of which will be an average calculated by the student.
- At the end of each chapter, the entire unit's work will be culminated and turned in. The front of the packet must be signed by an adult.
- Quizzes can be corrected for half credit back but must be returned the following day in order to receive that credit.
- Each child has the opportunity for ONE yearly retake on a Unit Test. The caveat: whatever you get on the retake is your score.
- YOU CANNOT EARN POINTS BACK ON TEST CORRECTIONS. YOU GET WHAT YOU GET.
- Student grades are weighted. The grading program mathematically computes your child's grade, based on the following weights:
8th Grade: Tests 40%, Homework and Quizzes 60%
7th Grade: Tests 30%, Homework and Quizzes 70%
6th Grade: Tests 20%, Homework and Quizzes 80%
Homework can be fixed! Fixes on homework must GO ON THE BACK OR ON SEPARATE PAPER. NO PEN. I WILL NOT ACCEPT FIXES ANY OTHER WAY.
- Red pen
- Whiteboard Marker (please label)
- Calculator (please label)
- Textbook (6th only)
Textbooks are only used in sixth grade. They are able to leave their textbooks in my classroom.