Mrs. Callahan, 1st Grade
Welcome to First Grade, where the little things matter.
Computers & Library
Art & P.E.
Music & Early Release 2pm
|Thursday||Mass & Computers & P.E.|
|Friday||First Grade Friends & Fourth Grade Friends|
- Represent numbers 11-19 as composed of a ten and the correct number of ones.
- Represent the numbers 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 as composed of the correct number of tens.
- Identify the value of each digit represented ina two digit number.
- Identify the value of each digit of a number within 100.
- Identifying character feelings.
- Identifying key details.
Chapter 11 is all about how Jesus teaches us forgiveness. The kids will hear the Bible story of Zacchaeus, a tax collector. They will learn that God's Laws help them make good choices. The children will come to understand the importance of saying they are sorry when they have chosen to do wrong. Finally, they will learn that God is always ready to forgive them.
We are back into writing our nonfiction chapter books. This week the kids will:
- Finish their table of contents (write chapter titles) and make revisions as necessary.
pray dress drip trap agree green upon own ever cold
Science: We are starting our unit on Sound. The kids will:
- make vibrations with different objets to make a sound
- use sound to make an object vibrate
- sort objects by their ability to allow light pass through
- define reflection and make light reflect with a mirror
- predict the path of light
- explain why a shadow is made
Handwriting: We will be working on the letters Y and Z.