Mrs. Allen, MS Spanish
Middle School Spanish
Spanish 1 is an introduction to the language. We will target to speak, write, listen and read basic memorized and practiced words and phrases. We will also work on expanding our Hispanic cultural awareness through the study of its people, customs and traditions.
We have started the year by establishing our class routines and expectations and getting familiarized with our new Spanish classroom and resources. We have also started studying its importance in our culture and the benefits of speaking a second language.
I will be using the textbook Avancemos, and additional online resources to supplement our curriculum. I’m very excited about the textbook we’ve selected for our middle schoolers. It has an online version which they can and should access frequently. It has a wide range of online learning resources such as e-books, practice and homework sheets, self assessments and cultural and news reporting videos.
Month of October:
- Lesson on How to Pronounce Written Spanish
- Introduction to Avancemos: Lección Preliminar Unit
- Vocabulary sheet- start working on your flashcards
- Themes that will be covered throughout the whole unit (throughout a few weeks)
- Greet people and say good bye
- Introduce yourself and others
- Ask and say how to spell names
- Say where you are from
- Exchange phone numbers
- Say what day of the week it is
- Describe the weather
I will continue to post what we are working on each week on this page, stay tuned!
Participation in class will play an important role in this course. Learning a language requires taking risks and being resilient to learn from our mistakes. Since we meet twice a week, it will be critical for every student to continue to practice their Spanish whenever possible, taking their binders home to review their notes and studying their vocabulary flashcards frequently.
SPANISH QUIZ STUDY GUIDE
FOR WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16TH, 2019
- STUDY THE “PRONOUNCING WRITTEN SPANISH WORKSHEETS”
- WHAT ARE THE SPANISH VOWELS AND WHAT THEY SOUND LIKE
- WHAT THESE CONSONANTS SOUND LIKE IN SPANISH: H, J, ñ, V and Z
- KNOW THE LETTERS THAT CHANGE SOUNDS: C AND G Before I and E
- AND U in “Gue and Gui” and with a ¨ (tremaS) in “Güe and Güi”
- KNOW ALL YOUR VOCABULARY FOR:
- SAY GOODBYE
- SAY HOW YOU ARE
- BE ABLE TO TELL ME BASED ON TIME OF DAY AND PERSON HOW TO ADDRESS THEM DURING THE DAY
- BE ABLE TO CREATE A SMALL DIALOGUE WITH THREE SCENES, 1. GREETING, 2. ASKING HOW THEY’RE DOING AND 3. SAYING GOODBYE
*YOU MUST INCLUDE DIFFERENT VOCABULARY THROUGHOUT THE DIALOGUE, SPECIFY TIME OF DAY AND FORMAL OR FAMILIAR LANGUAGE*
HOMEWORK FOR WEEK of Oct. 28th:
HMWK DUE OCTOBER 31ST:
For thos who didn't turn in their binders, Acitivity 1-7 on your textbook is due and All Para Empezars are due except for last weeks and todays.
Also, bring to class a picture of a loved deceased relative or pet you'd like to honor for Day of the Dead.
PAST DUE:Binder check due October 28th Drop off binder during recess/lunchtime.
Retake quiz opportunity: October 28th, during lunch/recess time.
Past Due Homework:
For Wednesday, Oct. 23rd
Vocabulary sheet AND flash cards for "Exchange Phone Numbers" and "Say Which day it is".
Previous weeks: There was a QUIZ on Wednesday, October 16th.
Past due homework for October 10th:
-Vocabulary words for sections
"Make introductions and "Telling about where you are from" (19words) Flashcards and Worksheet need to be completed.
This will complete the first 2 pages of our Vocabulary sheets.
Past due homework:
October 2nd: Work on 1st set of vocab words from Unit1 Leccion Preliminar. Make Flashcards for "Greetings and Goodbyes" and worksheet with English translation.
DUE: October 3rd: Work on 2nd set of Flashcards and worksheet for Unit1, Section "Say how you are" (14words)
*COPY OF THE ENTIRE UNIT 1 LECCION PRELIMINAR VOCABULARY LIST IS FOUND UNDER LINKS BELOW*