FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What time are Masses?
- Mondays | 8:15 am at Saint Bernard
- Mondays | 8:15 am at Saint Bernard
- Tuesdays | 5:30 pm at Saint Bernard followed by Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Wednesdays | 7:00 am at Christ King
- Thursdays | 8:00 am at Christ King
- Fridays | 12:00 Noon at Christ King
- Saturday | 4:00 pm at both Christ King and Saint Bernard
- Sunday | 8:00 am & 10:30 am at both Christ King and Saint Bernard
For holiday's and Holy Day's of Obligation, please check the event calendar or our bulletin that is dated closest to the holiday.
When is Reconciliation offered?
- Tuesday following 5:30 pm Mass at Saint Bernard
- Saturday | 9:00 am at Christ King
- Saturday | 3:00 to 3:40 pm at Saint Bernard
- By appointment through calling either parish office–Christ King, 414-258-2604 or Saint Bernard, 414-258-4320. Please note the schedule may change during holiday weekends and the seasons of Advent and Lent. During these times please check our bulletins for details.
The celebration of the sacrament generally takes place in the main body of the churches in one of the “confessionals” (the doors on the sides of the church). During scheduled times look for an open door and a light. The light is on for you!
- When is Eucharistic Adoration offered?
Eucharistic Adoration is currently offered at Saint Bernard Church | Tuesday evenings, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Interrupted for 5:30 pm Mass)
What steps do we need to take to have our child Baptized?
Baptism is an initiation into a new life of discipleship and access to the full spiritual riches of the Church. The parish rejoices at the gift of new life and seeks to assist you in this mission as parents, starting with the sacramental grace of Baptism. Preparation sessions are held regularly among the tri-parish collaborative relationship. For the convenience of parents, we encourage you to begin preparation prior to the birth of the child. Baptisms are celebrated on particular Sundays of the month either during Mass or after Mass. For more information about the preparation sessions or to set a date for your child's baptism, call the Christ King parish office at 414-258-2604 or the Saint Bernard parish office at 414-258-4320.
- Can one of the priests please visit a sick member of our family?
Yes. Call the Christ King Parish office at 414-258-2604, the Saint Bernard Parish office at 414-258-4320 or one of the parish priests directly.
- What can I do to have prayers offered for me or a family member who is sick?
Please call the Christ King parish office at 414-258-2604, the Saint Bernard parish office at 414-258-4320, or stop in to have name(s) added to the "Pray for the Sick" section in our weekly bulletin or to find more information on Mass Intentions or Mass League.
- Can Communion be taken to a homebound parishioner?
Yes. please call the Christ King parish office at 414-258-2604 or the Saint Bernard parish office at 414-258-4320 to request a home visit.
- Where is Christ King located?
Our mailing address is 2604 N Swan Blvd in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. We are located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Center Street and Swan Boulevard (92nd Street). View maps and directions.
- How do I get to Christ King Parish?
From I-45, take either the North Avenue or Burleigh exits and proceed east to 92nd Street. If you exit at North Avenue, turn left on 92nd Street (Swan Blvd.) and if you exit at Burleigh, turn right on 92nd Street. View maps and directions.
- Where should I park when I visit Christ King Parish?
When visiting Christ King you may park in our parking lots on the north and east sides of the school. If the lot is full there is plenty of parking nearby on Center St., Swan Blvd. or other neighborhood streets.
- How do I get into the church at Christ King?
- Parish School – back of the building on 91st Street in the middle of the block. Look for a portico with columns.
- Parish Office – front of the building; blue door on Swan Boulevard nearest to Clark Street
Parish Center – back of the building on 91st Street nearest to Clark Street
How can I join Christ King Parish?
- Complete and send the Become a Member form. When we get the information we'll get a registration packet out to you right away.
- Pick up a registration packet at the parish office. We're located in the rectory building on the southern end of the block (behind the Christ King sign on Swan Blvd) between Center & Clarke Streets and we're open Mondays and Fridays: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm and Wednesdays: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Look for the "Welcome Desk" after Sunday Masses and start the process there.
How can I find more information on Christ King School and start the registration process?
Start the process here.
- How do I register for the Faith Formation (Religious Education) Program at Christ King?
Religious education is offered for children in grades K3 - 8. Parishioners from Christ King, Saint Bernard and Saint Pius X participate together. For full details, visit triparishfaithformation.org.
- How do I schedule a funeral mass at Christ King Parish?
Funeral homes should call one of the parish priests directly (Saint Bernard 414-258-4320 or Christ King 414-258-2604) in the event of a death.