Mrs. Dahm, MS Math
Welcome back everyone!
I am looking forward to year four of teaching MIddle School Math at Christ King School.
WE are off to a great start in all the grades. I will continue working with all the kids on my goal from last year, which is using their mathematical sense.....recognizing and asking,
"Does my answer make sense and why/how do I know!?"
30 minutes of KHAN ACADEMY
ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT
EVERY WEEKEND ALL YEAR
*except for the first weekend of school, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Break,
Christmas & Easter Break
7C: MORE two step equation word problems
7D: Two-Step Equations
PA: MORE two step equation word problems
Algebra: Intercepts from an equation
6th grade: adding and subtracting mixed fractions with unlike denominators
- There will be approximately three quizzes per chapter. Please reference the middle school calendar for all dates.
- Quizzes can be corrected for half credit back but must be returned the following day in order to receive that credit.
- There are no retakes on Unit Tests. Please come prepared. All tests will be sent home for a signature and students must correct all mistakes.
Homework has three symbols in the grade books.
- 100% means they correctly did all their problems.
- 88% means that a student got two wrong or less. If a child receives an 88%, they are able to make as many corrections as they want until they receive a 100%, but it is not required. Corrections should be done when they receive the assignment back. They are not accepted after the Unit Test.
- 0% means that the student had more than 2 wrong, and corrections are mandatory. Do not panic when you see a 0. It is simply a symbol that they need to make corrections and owe work.
Review the chapter: test coming up!
One step equation word problems
One and two-step inequalities
Point-Slope form linear equations
Every middle school student should have the following for every class:
- Red pen
- Whiteboard Marker (please label)
- Calculator (please label)
- Textbook (6th & 7th only)
After the first month of school, a demerit will be given out if they come to class unprepared.
Textbooks are only used in sixth and seventh grade. They are able to leave their textbooks in my classroom. They will also be set up with an online version if they do not want to carry it home. TEST IT OUT AT HOME FIRST! Do not assume you are set up online until you test it first AT HOME. Then, you will know that you can leave your book at school.