Mrs. Dahm, MS Math
30 minutes of KHAN ACADEMY
ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT
EVERY WEEKEND ALL YEAR
*except for the first weekend of school, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Break,
Christmas & Easter Break, Cell Project Weekend, Science Fair Weekend, Poetry Project Weekend, & 8th Grade Plays weekend.
6th: Negative number addition and subtraction: word problems
7C: Graphing equations in Standard Form, Slope
7D: % change, discount, tax, and tip
8PA: Graphing equations in standard form, slope
8A: Adding, subtracting, multiplying polynomials
- There will be approximately two to three quizzes per chapter. Please reference the middle school calendar for all dates.
- Quizzes can be corrected for half credit back but must be returned the following day in order to receive that credit.
- There are no retakes on Unit Tests. Please come prepared. All tests will be sent home for a signature and students must correct all mistakes.
Homework has three symbols in the grade books.
- 100% means they correctly did all their problems.
- 88% means that a student got two wrong or less. If a child receives an 88%, they are able to make as many corrections as they want until they receive a 100%, but it is not required. Corrections should be done when they receive the assignment back. They are not accepted after the Unit Test.
- 0% means that the student had more than 2 wrong, and corrections are mandatory. Do not panic when you see a 0. It is simply a symbol that they need to make corrections and owe work.
Tests next week on integers, and multi-step equations
7C: wrapping up linear equations unit. Test on Wednesday
7D: finishing chapter on percents. Test after Break.
% change, discount, tax, tip
Finishing up Linear Equations
Adding, Subtracting, multiplying, and dividing Polynomials
Every middle school student should have the following for every class:
- Red pen
- Whiteboard Marker (please label)
- Calculator (please label)
- Textbook (6th & 7th only)
After the first month of school, a demerit will be given out if they come to class unprepared.
Textbooks are only used in sixth and seventh grade. They are able to leave their textbooks in my classroom. They will also be set up with an online version if they do not want to carry it home. TEST IT OUT AT HOME FIRST! Do not assume you are set up online until you test it first AT HOME. Then, you will know that you can leave your book at school.